The Irish Patchwork Society
and The Northern Ireland Patchwork Guild present:
“Hands Across the Border 2017”
Official Opening Tuesday 16th May 2017 in CHQ Custom House Quarter, IFSC, Custom House Quay, Dublin Northside, Dublin
Exhibition will run until the 26th May
Northern venue is Lisburn Arts Centre, June 2017
Exhibition Rules and Conditions;
All Irish Patchwork Society and Northern Ireland Patchwork Guild Members are eligible to enter
1. The quilt must consist of a minimum of two layers, although any technique may be used.
2. Size: quilts can be made to a maximum of 1 meter square.
3. The quilt has a free choice of edging treatments.
4. No glass fronted, framed, mounted quilts or quilts made from kits will be allowed.
5. The work should have been completed in the last two years.
6. The quilt must have a 10 cm (4 inch) hanging sleeve, (with sufficient fullness to accommodate the hanging rod).
7. Please ensure that your quilt is labelled on the back at the bottom edge with the following information: Name of the Quilt, Name of Quilter, Postal Address.
8. The quilt should not have been exhibited prior to submission to this exhibition.
9. Quilts made by more than one person at any stage of construction should identify all of those involved.
10. Quilts are not for sale during the exhibition.
11. This is a juried exhibiition. The judging panel’s decision will be final.
12. The quilts are covered by the IPS insurance once the quilt is received by the hosting branch.
13. By entering your quilt you agree to have it photographed for publicity purposes and the catalogue of the exhibition.
14. Each quilt must have its own bag labelled with both the name of the quilt, the name of the maker and your branch.
15. Quilts will be released at the end of the exhibition period and not before that time.
16. Deadline for quilts to be received is the 31st March 2017. No late entries will be accepted due to cataloguing and photographing of quilts.
Download entry form here!