If you have a quilt made or would like to make one for Ireland's entry please see the rules and guidelines below!
|EUROPEAN QUILT ASSOCIATION
EQA Challenge at FOQ in 2016
“Greetings from …….”
Each country's quilts will be hung together in the gallery at FOQ in 2016.
RULES1. Size: 35 x 25 cm
2. Orientation: Landscape
4. 16 quilts from each country
5. Edges: No raw edges and no visible binding
6. Sleeve: 10 cm deep sleeve on the top
7. Name label: With permanent marker pen write name and address on the sleeve
8. Any technique may be used but the quilt must consist of three layers. No glass fronted or mounted exhibits will be accepted. Be warned that quilts which are delicate or stiff are difficult to transport and display safely.
9. The entire collection of "Greetings from …." will be launched at the Festival of Quilts in 2016. The quilts are displayed in many of the European Quilt Association’s member states at their annual meetings and may not be returned till 2018.
10. All guild members may enter and there is no entry fee. The quilts are not for sale.
11. The quilts are insured for a nominal sum during the exhibition including transport to and from the FOQ 2016. (Information on transport & insurance for other exhibitions is available from the guild organising the event). Should a quilt be lost or damaged, the EQA member guild is not responsible for compensating the maker.
12. The " Greetings from ….. " quilts will be picked up by the IR (or a designated person) after the show on Sunday. On completion of the tour in 2018 arrangements can be made to return the quilts at the relevant guild's expense.
13. The entry form with the quilt should reach the International Representative by 30th June 2016.
14. 16 quilts will be selected by each country by 30 June 2016. The selected quilts should be sent to the International Representative. Any quilts which do not comply with the rules, particularly in terms of size, edges or hanging sleeve, can be rejected on submission.
15. Photos of the quilts may be used for publicity purposes.
16. Every member country of the EQA MUST provide SIXTEEN (16) - 35cm by 25 cm quilts for this exhibition. If too many quilts are submitted, 16 must be selected in whatever way the guild decides. If too few quilts are submitted, the IR/executive committee of the guild MUST organise the making of the missing quilts.
Download the entry form here!